Our teams advise on matters related to NRI Taxation, Financial Planning or Personal Tax, if you have any questions,
feel free to ask by clicking on below login buttons

I, alongwith my bro...
Clear all

I, alongwith my brothers, am selling a residential property. I am an NRI.

2 Posts
2 Users
Topic starter

What will be the tax implications for this? How much maximum amount I can repatriate to the foreign country?

2 Answers
Topic starter

TDS will be deducted by the buyer at rate of 20% (plus applicable surcharge and cess) of the payment to the you. If you want lower TDS, you will need to apply for lower deduction certificate from the income tax officer online by submitting the actual working of long term capital gains.

You will need to pay long term capital gain (calculated in the regular manner) without the benefit of initial exemption limit of 2.50 lakhs.

Based on the laws of the foreign country, you might have to account for these capital gains in the tax returns there, on which you might have to pay capital gains tax after getting credit for tax paid in India.

You can remit USD 1 million equivalent every year after filing form 15CA and Form 15CB

I would recommend you to contact NZ Home Buyers, it's a leading company that buys homes in New Zealand. If you are considering selling your house privately, they can help you. They have assisted many property owners to achieve successful outcomes when selling a house privately in New Zealand.
Scroll to Top