I am a citizen of UK and hold an OCI card. I have been working in India for the last 10 years and has never been back to UK. I have house property in UK which I have given out on rent. I also have some other investments in UK. - I am a citizen of UK and hold an OCI card. I have been working in India for the last 10 years and has never been back to UK. I have house property in UK which I have given out on rent. I also have some other investments in UK. - Ask the Expert - Fee Only Investment Advisers

Our teams advise on matters related to NRI Taxation, Financial Planning or Personal Tax, if you have any questions,
feel free to ask by clicking on below login buttons
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I am a citizen of UK and hold an OCI card. I have been working in India for the last 10 years and has never been back to UK. I have house property in UK which I have given out on rent. I also have some other investments in UK.

Am I liable to pay tax in India on the rental income in UK?

Yes. You are a resident and ordinarily resident in India as per Indian Income tax Act and will have to pay tax on your global income in India subject to the provisions of  Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and credit for tax paid in UK.

Can I open an NRE account?

No. Since you are a ‘a resident in India’ under FEMA, you cannot open a NRE account.

Can I remit USD 2,50,000 p.a. to my bank account in UK?

Yes – A Resident in India under FEMA can use the Liberalised Remittance Scheme limit of USD 250,000

I also have dividends and interest income from UK. Will they be taxable in India?

Yes, as explained earlier, since you are a resident and ordinarily resident in India, your global income will be taxed in India, subject to the provisions of DTAA and credit for taxes paid in UK.

Will the the dividends and interest taxable in UK country?

Probably. Depends on the tax laws of UK.