I have inherited shares worth Rs. 1 crore from my father who was an Indian resident which I wish to sell. There is no taxable capital gains if I sell these shares. I wish to keep the money invested in India but in other shares. I have been advised that it - I have inherited shares worth Rs. 1 crore from my father who was an Indian resident which I wish to sell. There is no taxable capital gains if I sell these shares. I wish to keep the money invested in India but in other shares. I have been advised that it - Ask the Expert - Fee Only Investment Advisers

Our teams advise on matters related to NRI Taxation, Financial Planning or Personal Tax, if you have any questions,
feel free to ask by clicking on below login buttons
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I have inherited shares worth Rs. 1 crore from my father who was an Indian resident which I wish to sell. There is no taxable capital gains if I sell these shares. I wish to keep the money invested in India but in other shares. I have been advised that it

How to do I go about it?

By remitting money into NRE account (after complying with all formalities) the money becomes freely remittable. Thus, any investments made out of that money can be freely remitted at any time without any limit subject to payment of taxes in India.