I work in Russia for a HK headquartered company since last 5 years. He is resident outside India (FEMA & Tax). - I work in Russia for a HK headquartered company since last 5 years. He is resident outside India (FEMA & Tax). - Ask the Expert - Fee Only Investment Advisers

Our teams advise on matters related to NRI Taxation, Financial Planning or Personal Tax, if you have any questions,
feel free to ask by clicking on below login buttons
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I work in Russia for a HK headquartered company since last 5 years. He is resident outside India (FEMA & Tax).

I get local salary in Rouble for meeting local expenses in Russia on which I pay income tax in Russia. Additionally my HK Employer transfers USD 10,000 to my NRE account in India every month. Is this additional amount of USD 10000 taxable in India?

As per section 5 of the Indian Income tax Act, any income received in India for the first time will be taxable in India. However, the Circular No 13/2017 dated 11.04.2017 issued in the context of the Merchant Navy personnel can be used to argue that this is not taxable in India. Give reference to circular

Is this amount taxable in Russia?

Probably. Depends on the tax laws of Russia.